Cardiff Council and Llandaff North Residents' Association have a show garden at the RHS show Cardiff 2012. Afterwards, the garden will be moved to its permanent site in Llandaff North.

13 January 2013

Installation - day 2

Thankfully it was a sunny day today - cold, but sunny. Not sure why I was so grateful, as I wasn't the one doing all the work, though I did sweep up at the end!

Paul and Mark pegged out the levels and added the scalpings (I find it difficult using the term 'hardcore'!)
Of course I had the most important job - making tea and coffee, and treating the guys to Danish pastries. I know how to look after the workers!

Sky should be paying us for advertising on the blog!

Very impressed by their work ethic - nothing is too much trouble and they make it look so easy! I'm always impressed when contractors take care to clean up at the end too.

We also had a drive-by from Rob Jones of Cardiff Council Parks Dept. Luckily he drove by when I was on site, so thinks I was hard at work, not drinking cups of tea!













The work has inspired me to start work on my own garden which I haven't touched for several years. I've decided to start afresh, so removed all the plants in the main border and dug it over. Better get my skates on now and do a planting plan!
My new Xmas gardening gloves! A bit fancy for me, but they were the last pair left
Gloves afterwards

Disposable Gloves for cat-poo territory!

Making progress...(I LOVE my soil!)

No comments: